Cost Controls & Spend Management Between the Office and the Field
Mar 1, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
3-4:15 PM (ET), noon-2:15 PM (PT)
The traditional focus of cost controls is to ensure a company pays for the cost it incurs and nothing more. Accounting teams work hard to create controls, validate purchase orders, and have backstops on spend; however, the balance lies between the accounting and the field teams to have proper control on spend while successfully completing the project.
This session will share a CFO’s perspective and a former project manager’s perspective on best practices in managing cost controls and spend management in today’s construction environment.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Define current best practices in cost control and spend management
- Understand cost approval differences between the office and the field
- Learn methods to empower the field to maintain the project timeline, stay focused on spending, and do more with fewer employee resources
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group internet-based webinar at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. A basic understanding of construction accounting & financial management is recommended
Earn 1.5 CPE credits in the field of Personnel/Human Resources.
CPE can only be earned by attending the live session. CPE is not available by watching the recording.
Who should attend?
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Professional Advisors
- General and Subcontractors
- Free for CFMA members
- $69 for non-members